Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Trailing Mowers

NandoG

Just picked these up yesterday, it looks like the only thing missing are the covers on the decks and covers on the pullies on the engines. They also came with manuals. The PO never had the draw bar for them. I will be selling them if anybody is interested.
[img]/club2/attach/NandoG/DSC04866a.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/NandoG/DSC04867b.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/NandoG/DSC04868c.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/NandoG/DSC04869d.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/NandoG/DSC04870e.jpg[/img]

I believe that they're clutched at the engine belt pulley. Rare like hen's teeth. Good thing I only have a 3/4 acre to cut!

Cool, I had never seen an actual model from Simplicity before. I something very similar but homemade (by PO) using an International 60" deck with an 8hp Briggs mounted like the above... only difference being the decks above look 'reversed' as you would imagine them under a tractor, mine is pointed forward. If I can remember I'll post some pics later.

They do run, one has gas the other is empty. you engage them with the lever that you see on the second or third picture . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaxhlZMwHko

:D Jace. It's only a 7 1/2 hr. drive from your place to where they are in PA. I drove 10 hrs. each way last weekend to pick up a 620 Allis. If you want something; distance ( within reason ) should be no object.^ B10Dave

Those are the nicest ones I have ever seen. I have come across 3 pairs of them over the years. All were pretty wasted and incorrect. Wrong engines, one had 1980's style decks under them, all cracked and welded up etc.. I wouldn't have a true need for them, so only good originals would interest me for the "collectible" end of things. The one set I saw was rigged up behind a Sunstar - it was too bad because it had the original hitch assemblies, but they were all hacked up to work on the larger Sunstar. Tim

Today I put gas on the second engine, after the fourth pull it started right up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqr8be9oeYI

• 2 weeks later...
Guess you learn something new everyday....never saw one before, at least from Simplicity....very good shape!!..good find

if i was still mowing the old bike races, i would be interested in them. but we parted ways after i got stiffed on a job. nice find! good luck.

quote:
Originally posted by blind_eagle
Cool, I had never seen an actual model from Simplicity before. I something very similar but homemade (by PO) using an International 60" deck with an 8hp Briggs mounted like the above... only difference being the decks above look 'reversed' as you would imagine them under a tractor, mine is pointed forward. If I can remember I'll post some pics later.
they pull engine first