Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Deep Appreciation

3314WV

I really do appreciate being able to obtain the technical know how i have received on this site. I am new to the site, but not to old Simplicity Tractors. My father had a Simplicity dealership for over 25 years in Chas.WV from 1955 to 1980. As a kid my job was to help assemble and prep. Getting to ride everything Simplicity made during those years was a thrill for me. Most of the fondest memories i had growing up was with my dad working on those old tractors. At his passing in 2001 i parked the old Simplicity. I recently started working toward getting her going again and i have found this site with its helpful members to be invaluable. You forget a lot of things after a few years of not working in them. Thanks to all for helping me regain those memories.

There is some thing to be said for a piece of equipment that works hard so you do not have to. I find it very therapeutic to mow grass on these old tractor.

Ricky, I also grew up near Charleston. I don't remember your father's dealership, but my family was not into garden tractors back then. They used a Gravely for everything. I moved away from that area in 1973 and have lived here in VA since then. I now have several Simplicities and ACs and no Gravely. Since I got into Simplicities, I have gotten rid of the other brands that I had. I love these old machines and the awesome amount of work they can do.

We were located in Sissonville just north of Chas. but nobody knows where that is when you tell them. Gravely was big in our area in those days. We used to demonstrate the SImplicitys by pulling them in front of the store and climbing the front wall. He would leave them there all day........those were the days...:)

Ricky, I knew where Sissonville was, but hardly ever got out to that area. We actually lived at Clio, in Roane county, about 30 miles out of Charleston. I still come back to that area a couple times a year. My Mom and brother both live in the Elkview area and my sister lives in Charleston. My youngest son went to WVA Tech for a couple of years, but this year tranferred to VCU. I am planning to make a quick trip back there for a high school reunion in September.

We used to have an office in Clendenin years ago and there was a Hubbard there that lived out toward Roane County. His name was Richard (Dick) Hubbard. Small world huh ?.....its a pleasure to chat with ya....:)

First of all welcome to the club!!:p Second, it never fails to amaze me the kind of jobs you can do with 30,40 or even 50 year old Simplicity or Allis. Every implement I've owned is capable of doing precisely what it was designed and advertised to do if used properly. Guys with big new and expensive equipment can't believe what these things are capable of. Enjoy this place!

Ricky, Just so you will know, Dick Hubbard is my Dad's first cousin. I went to high school with Dick's sons, Rick and Mike. Small world. I also worked for Columbia Gas out of the Clendenin office one summer. I worked with Rocky Calabreze and Charlie Moles. I later worked in the main office on the South Side for Gerold Hutton. When I graduated from college there had just been a large layoff and there was no position for me to continue with Columbia Gas, so I had to find another job. That is why I ended up here in VA.

• 2 weeks later...
Ricky, I bet when your done with that 3314 it will be to factory specs. With your dad being in that business for 30 years something had to rub off. Welcome to the club.