Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Grader Blade am I doing this correct ???

Corncountytractors

Put grader blade on the trusty 66 and worked good for awhile. Then she started sputtering and quit running. There is gas in the tank. So I pushed it in the garage. Don't know why it stopped running. Have not really looked at it since. I think that I am using the blade right. But if not please someone let me know. Thanks, BOB

Looks to me like you have that blade stuff dialed in Robert. Yard looks like you give it lots of tlc.

You have no clue. You might's well let me do you a favor and take it off your hands for scrap. :D

Scrap it all pictures taken yesterday. Now it is a huge mud hole 87" of rain. MPH the nice green lawn to the left is my Neighbors. He has (OCMD) Obsessive Compulsive Mowing Disorder. Going to keep the Grader Blade and one of everything else. Tiller,Brinly Plow,Disk,Grader Blade,Front Counter Weight, ect... Need to sell all my extra junk need car parts. Down to 2 tractors left 3416 only mow with it. And the 66 Landlord use it for everything else. Tilling,Snow, and now Grading. 5 Muscle Cars in the garage and 4 of them need parts. I will never give up the Simplicity habit though. My stripes are the best in the whole Neighborhood. BOB

Hey, Bob-- That's the way my grader blade works except that so far I've been lucky enough that the tractor kept running!

73 340 Duster,69 Camaro,69 Chevelle,67 Camaro RS Rag,67 Firebird. email me at 49erfan2@roadrunner.com for pics. BOB

Thats a Real nice Duster! I dont recall seeing that shade of green before. Around here its almost always the dark metallic greens. Auto or 4 speed? The Chevelle brings back somemeories too, one of those cars I should never have boughtXX( mine was a 68, but it was missing alot of parts when I got it. Too much work and not enough cash to do it right. A guy I knew had a Firebird like that, but he rolled his(several times) out intpo a cornfield at 100mph. Amazingly he walked away with a couple of scratches and few bruises. The car didnt fare to well though as I'm sure you can imaginesm00 Nice collection, including the garage facilitiesdOd

That's whats wrong with today's stuff. somebody that doesn't know squat with his degree in whatever thinks cars need to absorb impacts, witch is good until the cabin gives like a egg carton & that's the problem, the cabin should not give. Join a fire dept. and go on a wreck in a 20MPH school zone & you have to use the jaws to get them out, and the deputies agree not more than 5MPH over the speed limit if any. Bring back the 30's tanks where you can walk away.

If only we could send our kids and grandkids out in a 60s Chrysler Imperial. I think the demolition derby's took most of them. BOB

My dad used to drive Lincolns from the mid 60's up into the 80's. He was on a hunting trip out west once late 60's or early 70's and was going down the highway around 70 mph when a guy pulled onto the interstate in front of him in a new Galaxy. Guess he totalled the galaxy shoving the rear axle clear up under the middle of the car. All he had to do to the Lincoln was replace the one side of the 3 piece front bumper. Didnt even scratch the paint. No one was seriously hurt in either car.

quote:
That's whats wrong with today's stuff. somebody that doesn't know squat with his degree in whatever thinks cars need to absorb impacts, witch is good until the cabin gives like a egg carton & that's the problem, the cabin should not give. Join a fire dept. and go on a wreck in a 20MPH school zone & you have to use the jaws to get them out, and the deputies agree not more than 5MPH over the speed limit if any. Bring back the 30's tanks where you can walk away.
I do love the old cars, but if I'm going to be in a wreck, I'll take a new vehicle (of the same size, type, etc) any day of the week.