Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

mid 60's landlord deck discharge chute?

Buickgsman

I have never seen one of the deck discharge chutes. Does anyone know anything about them? Availability or price? Thanks Bob

My dad likes his but I always take mine off. I like having the side clearance for edges, since it is a rigid thing(unlike modern pivoting types). If you get thick grass it tends to "windrow" the grass into a line instead of disbursing it even.

They are good for a little added protection from feet, hands, or other stray objects form entering the mower during operation, but i never liked having them on while cutting....especially in heavy grass...I even cut half of a plastic one off on a newer tractor that my wife uses to cut with because it was just too long...:)

I like the ones Ray has pictured for most mowing tasks, yes not as good for very heavy mowing but they help if you need to mow where there are rocks, sticks, or objects that can be thrown. I keep one on my rough cut mower. The later ones that were about 1 foot long are a bit impractical and I haven't been using any of them.

quote:
Originally posted by RayS How many do you need?:D
Yup Ray, I know exactly what you mean.....:D