Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
actrac

AC Homesteader

actrac
There is a AC Homesteader near me for sale, are these sought after machines? It appears complete, rusty finish, but more or less. SDeller has a 717, 2 broadmoors, 1 landlord. Are these models decent machines?

sammiefish
as good as any AC.... i like the color scheme.. but big surprise... the big Q is how much? i doubt youre gonna get rich off it.... why do you ask how sought after? they are simplicity made i think...same era as the 3/400 but i think briggs powered... not sure on implement options check the simpletrACtor site.... btw, I would LOVE a B-208 which i think is a homesteader... in the cream hood w/ orange... so ...... yes, even though it has a briggs!!

Chris727
I have a Homesteader 8, it is similar to a 717 broadmoor. Was a very good tractor but it is just a small garden tractor. It pivots in the middle. The Homesteader 7's seem to be even less desirable. No one is going after these tractors like they are "large frame" tractors like the B-10's, etc. The Landlord is a large frame and "more sought after" but you'll never get rich fixing and reselling these tractors. If you restore one and do it right you probably would lose money if you sold it.