Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Three belt blower, can you even give them away?

thedaddycat

I've seen three belt blowers on eBay and in the classified ads, even for really cheap prices they seem to just sit. In order to test the theory that you can't even give them away, I will give free of charge my three belt blower to the first person who comes to get it. I'll even split travel distance in excess of 100 miles (up to a distance of 100 miles travel on my part) in order to meet anyone who lives in excess of 100 miles away from me. In other words if you live 300 miles away I'll go 100 miles and you go 200 miles and we meet somewhere. Any takers?

You might beable to give a way:D. I had a couple 42" blowers that I had listed cheap. They ended up at the scrap yard with a load of a bunch of other stuff.

I used the much maligned 3 belt blower on my B-10 for many years [ I still have both] and I never had a problem with it. The trick that worked for me was mounting it on the tractor and run it for a few minutes then grab the wrenches and tighten the belts like banjo strings. The other thing I learned was if the blower clogged grab the key and shut 'er down. By the time you try to get off the tractor and release the PTO lever you had burned a belt. I can't understand where these got such a bad reputation as I rarely had problems moving snow.

I have had 2 or 3 of them over the years. I always robbed the hitches off of them and threw the rest away:O

Adam, here's a link to a post that has pics of that blower on the Putt Putt from a while ago. I don't have a recent pic. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=22606&SearchTerms=three+belt+blower

I agree about giving away the 3 belt blowers.I have been trying to give 2 complete units away for a while and have had very little interest. Looks like I will soon take the hitches off and junk the rest.Hate to junk good units. Bob

quote:
Originally posted by AC_HB-112
Where are you located? If you are near St Johns Michigan I'll take it
The way to find out where someone is located at or from is to click on there user name.

quote:
Originally posted by thedaddycat
Adam, here's a link to a post that has pics of that blower on the Putt Putt from a while ago. I don't have a recent pic. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=22606&SearchTerms=three+belt+blower

LOL, what's wrong with this picture?

Well, I guess you can indeed give them away. I was contacted by not one but two guys who would take it....

quote:
Originally posted by ka9bxg
I agree about giving away the 3 belt blowers.I have been trying to give 2 complete units away for a while and have had very little interest. Looks like I will soon take the hitches off and junk the rest.Hate to junk good units. Bob
If you wern't 2-1/2 hours away, I'd gladly take one off your hands. Doug