Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
adamf203

Last Weeks Haul!

adamf203
My haul from last weekend...

The guy rechromed the brackets and then purchased the replacement seat cushions from Wells Implements.

42" Mower deck - spotless on the undersize with no rust, cracks or breaks.

The steering wheel I had was a disaster (all bent). The guy sandblasted it for me and it came out really nice.

The tractor will all the new parts... I got all of this for $200, which I think was great considering the cushions cost him $142 from Wells. He has a rechromed air cover that he wants $20 for, but I'm not sure if I really need it.

sammiefish
I hope you think the price was great considering more than just the fact that he paid 142 for the seat OO Id give him the $20 for the air cleaner too... looks like a steal to me!!

ZippoVarga
Looks great even though it's orange. I'll never understand that my self. I've come across quite a few yellow tractors that people have painted orange. I wonder if it's because the Big Allis-Chalmers were orange. In any case, that is a very well done Orange job, unlike the paint brush jobs I've had come through my shop. dOddOddOd

sammiefish
I think they wanted to go with the best looking of the bunch.... corporate orange frame and fenders with antique white grille & hood, but just ran outta white sm03 but seems like a lot of work to not just go original I think it looks great too!!

adamf203
quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Looks great. I can understand painting and AC orange, even if it's not oem to the garden tractors. The yellow on an AC never made sence to me.
Up here in Connecticut, there is a big tow truck company whose trucks are the same color as my tractor. My family's bodyshop paints parts for their trucks, so I had been around the color for years. My cousin had painted his plow the color, and when they asked me what color I wanted, I thought the color would be different. Everyone has yellow AC garden tractors. I didn't want to have something that looked like everyone elses. Like others have said, it also draws on the AC farm tractors. I feel that the white, orange and black combination goes really well together, and with the free use of professional painters when I want, I ran with it.

Sign in to follow this