Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

"NEW" 210 mower (Up and running again 06/05))

BLT

With the help of Simpleton7016 I was able to get a 210 mower going and took it out for a spin this weekend. I also forgot to relocate lift handle. All in all it cut good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K3wI8jMBMg

Good thing you have the lights on to find all those hidden dangers....show-off!:D

quote:
Originally posted by Simpleton7016
Good thing you have the lights on to find all those hidden dangers....show-off!:D
Ah yes, genuine "Guide".;)

I love using those sickles. One of my fav assignments for grandma is to take the LL and sickle down to mow her creek and access road.

• 2 weeks later...
quote:
Originally posted by BLT
With the help of Simpleton7016 I was able to get a 210 mower going and took it out for a spin this weekend. I also forgot to relocate lift handle. All in all it cut good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K3wI8jMBMg
I'm suprised it cuts so fast. It must be going like a sewing machine needle.

quote:
Originally posted by Leroy
quote:
Originally posted by BLT
I'm suprised it cuts so fast. It must be going like a sewing machine needle.
The noise you heard was from the engine, not the sickle. You only need to run engine between one quarter and on half thottle setting.

Now if you have a side rake and baler you can go into the haying business. I could use one to weed my garden.:D

Looks great. Would like to have one for the back field, but would require sickle bar, AND a tractor. Guess you just have to come over and play in my yard... Well done!

Any updates Bob? How did the second mowing go? :D (do you care to explain why I got a call today with a request to borrow my kids metal detector?)

I lost a vital part to make the pittman go. And of course it's, I think, a drainage ditch, not to deep, but never the less under water. Erik is bringing his boys tomorrow with a metal detector to see if they give me a clue where it might be. It is a slug of steel 7/8" in dia and about 3/4" long, the proverbial needle in the haystack. I have two 3/4" thick ceramic magnets, on a comman plate, that give me a surface area of 4 X 8 in to drag with. The magnets have enough strength to jerk the fillings out dinosaurs teeth. So we are equipped for the hunt.:D

quote:
Originally posted by JimH
Bob, good luck with the hunt.
Thank you and the part was found. We were to meet @ 9:45 this morning and I caught a frieght train that had a bazillion cars connected to it and arrived about 5 min late. I no more then made the corner to where the lost piece was and here are the boys grinning with the part in hand. It wasn't in the water, but pushed in the ground. Erik said that after about a minute of zig-zagging the area the detector alerted something with a strong sound and low and behold, there it was. Kids had fun and I am connected again.
[img]/club2/attach/BLT/Found It.jpg[/img]
In the backgroud is the start of my handy work.

Sounds like a great find!!!i think my brother(peterinbrooklyn)could use their assistance as he was mowing the other day and lost an original t-bolt!!!what a bonehead...i finally find some and get them for him for x mas and he loses them...oh well, that's how it goes!!!

Correction, the boys were grinning. Back in the day, their dad would go out ginning (as in gin and tonicing), but the boys are still too young.

quote:
Originally posted by Simpleton7016
Correction, the boys were grinning. Back in the day, their dad would go out ginning (as in gin and tonicing), but the boys are still too young.
You are correct and corrected. Spell checker didn't catch it either.;)

Looks great Bob, I think my neighbor needs one. He hasn't cut his grass all summer. He's been trying to cut it with a pushmower- but to no avail. My son and I got my 64 Broadmoor running today and my son took a couple of passes through the "hayfield" which is my neighbors lawn. The HI/LO option is mandatory here, he kept it in low gear and the mower all the way up and it worked perfectly. My neighbor came out later and wondered how I cut it and I said with a 46 year old tractor!

Guess I need to up grade my internet hook-up, can't see all these u-tubes you guys post anymore.C Glad you found the part.

Part two of the first mowing. Thanks Erik;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZZrUcIpp9M