Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hydro Temperature----------------

LesH

I have a Simplicity 7016-- with the hydro transmission. Just changed the fluid and filter. It works fine. Just curious as to how hot should the hydro pump get?? Mine gets too hot to touch. Would an add-on cooler -- like an automatic transmission cooler help anything???

Mine is the same and for 10 years... its a 92 vintage so my guess is that it has always done that. I change out the fluid and filter every few years...

Are your cooling fan and shroud in place? Mine gets warm cutting grass or plowing snow but not so hot I can't touch it. I'd check the fan and shroud and make sure the shroud intake isn't restricted.

I got a 900 series once and happened to notice it abnormally hot, and when I looked it over I found all the fan blades busted off:O

my 6512 hydro gets very hot. i wanna ganna use an atf cooler or a heater core on the return line to cool it. Thinking bout putting a small fan behind it and mounting in a place so that if i ever got a snow cab i would have a heater:D