Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MrSteele

Walk behind tractor?

MrSteele
I am going to an auction in a couple of weeks that lists a Simplicity lawn tractor and implements, and a walk behind tractor and implements. What is the walk behind worth, and is it a decent tractor? I already have a homebuilt, and am restoring a David Bradley for use and show. The Simplicity might be a good addition for show, if it doesn't go too high.

Chris727
There were a broad range of walkers produced, some with only a few horsepower and some of the later ones that had large model 19 engines. I wouldn't expect one to ever be worth more than $300 tops, even with implements. Some of the implements interchange with the larger tractors, the little 6" plows and cultivators are almost a dime a dozen but the 8 blade disc harrows usually fetch good money, wheel weights are also a factor.

arnoldir
Hey MrSteele, I am a collector of Simplicity / Wards walkbehind tractors, and some other odd 2 wheel tractors. I only chase after the larger 5hp and above, Model V and later. I've spent $500 on a wards plow trac with 5 attachments, and as much as $1000 + 10 hours round trip on a VC with 7 attachments that have all decals and paint in 95% or beter condition. My favorite machine is a model V that I swapped a fresh Kohler Magnum 8 onto, and use with a serrated "Dutch blade" on a brinley hitch. I find these machines to be fun, and very handy for little jobs. Good luck if you chose to go down this road. Regards

MrSteele
I asked the auctioneer for further information, but as yet have not gotten a reply. There are several antique full sized tractors and a decent amount of mule drawn equipment that I am definitely interested in. The auction is in Lawrenceburg, Tennessee on June 5. The sort of full listing can be found at www.auctionzip.com. The site is a great place to find auctions all over the country

Kent
Lawrenceburg -- birthplace of Fred Thompson... I worked there on a construction job for about a month, 30+ years ago... Sorry, I reminisce and digress...:I