Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
RUMBLEFISH

Another PTO Question

RUMBLEFISH
Here I go again. I just want to make sure I get this right the first time. On the pic below the pto on the right is from my Big Ten. The one on the left was suppose to be off a B 212 I bought off someone that I need for my 46 deck. [IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/20at3di.jpg[/IMG] Notice the pully to run the mower. It has 3 places for a belt and the two larger ones are to small to run the 46 deck. I put a photo of the deck pully below. [IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/muh4iw.jpg[/IMG] What do I need to do? Thanks again

CDeHeer
The unit on the left with the "3 places for a belt" is actually meant to run a double V belt for the deck and the smaller I believe is for a sickle mower. It looks identical to the PTO on my LL3310. You could run a single belt but it will eat it up in no time as the pulley is shorter in the center. Looks like you will need to change the pulley then determine the proper belt length to run.

RayS
The 200 series did use a double pulley. The other is for a sickle mower. Most I have seen have been switched over to single pulley probably because the double v belt is quite exspensive.

UCD
The 3200 series Simplicity and B-212 Allis Chalmers came with a double V belt (one belt with a VV profile)not 2 V belts hence the double V pulley. There was a kit available to convert them back to a single belt as most were. The single belt pulley PTO will work a well as the single belt pulley on the older FDT decks