Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My deal from Portland Swap Meet

PeppyDan

I had a few things to sell at Portland ,Indiana swap meet and had the chance to browse around several times while my brother watched "the store". I was riding my quad around and noticed a load of Allis Chalmers stuff trying to find a place to setup. I followed him a short distance until he parked. I took a quick look and found something I've been trying to find for a couple of years. With a quick discussion about the price, the deal was made! I now own a Allis Chalmers B-12...well most of it! I have part of another B-12 at home but I was missing the seat and the data tag. Now I can get one restored that's correct. The frame has been severely cut and there is no saving it but my other frame is good. It has a near perfect grill and the B-12 ONLY seat. Hood is straight and uncut and it also has two of the original hood bolts. All this for a bargain price of $50:D:p8D.

Dan

Thanks guys (& Brenda), I forgot to mention the tight bevel gearbox, transmission, and clean gas tankdOd! Dan

quote:
Originally posted by Killer_A-C
Nice job Dan.Dont have P/S like the Sunstars though.....
That's a good point Matt, maybe I'll do a resto-mod to include power steering and a 60 deck from a powermax;)!LOL Dan

Good parts stach for 50 bucks. But I best go look at my B-1, make sure the seat pan is still on it, that sure looks like the blue mine is painted.

Heck Dan...I have a Early B-10 with a B-12 seat on it with the tag that I bought off Craig in Delta Ohio for 100 bucks a couple years back. If I had known you were in the market for a B-12 seat I coulda helped you out! But since I've had that seat, I must say....it's the most comfortable of all the B-series seats and Wells Implement has the replacement covers for nearly twice what you paid for the whole tractor!! Nice Score!!! See you in August!!

quote:
Originally posted by ZippoVarga
Heck Dan...I have a Early B-10 with a B-12 seat on it with the tag that I bought off Craig in Delta Ohio for 100 bucks a couple years back. If I had known you were in the market for a B-12 seat I coulda helped you out! But since I've had that seat, I must say....it's the most comfortable of all the B-series seats and Wells Implement has the replacement covers for nearly twice what you paid for the whole tractor!! Nice Score!!! See you in August!!
Thanks for the info on the seat cover, it was wondering where I would get one. I would still be interested in your seat and tag if you want to sell it. Send me a PM if you do and maybe we can work a deal! Dan