Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

hydraulic discconnects

Ronald Hribar

I want to put quick disconnects on my loader. What is the size/type/name of the fitting that fits in the Simplicity control valve like on the 7117?

I am getting confused easily today so it probably isn't you. No quick-connects on the valve. Are you asking for quick connects to fit to the valve or info on the stock ones, like on the Powermax?

Ron- you'll need this and a 1/4" nipple: http://safewayhyd.thomasnet.com/item/agricultural-quick-couplings-s20-series/s20-complete-coupler/s20a-2?&seo=110 whether there is room for the couplers on the valve, I don't know. 1 1/8 (about) diameter. Plus of course you need some room for fingers to move the latch. You might need to have different length nipples. Your hose (or more likely the fitting your hose hooks to) screws into one end, the other gets your nipple and into the valve. Don't sweat the nipple too much if this goes on a Simplicity, the pressure isn't that high. No teflon tape! Post pictures if it works, please. Let me know if you have more questions. Don

Ron, I am going totally from memory, but I think the ports on the valve that go to the cylinder are #5 tapered tube fittings. I forget the correct designation for type, but mine were definitely #5.

So I have to have a npple with #5 on the side that goes into valve and whatever thread size the couplers are , on the other end ?This valve is not under the hood. But mounted on loader to operate loader. I was hoping that I would be told, that the ports were commoon pipe thread, but that would be too easy

I am talking about the valve for a hydrolift. The valve on a loader could have different fittings on it. There are basically three different types of fittings that could be used, tube type, o-ring type, and pipe thread type. The tube type will have a tapered seat made into the hole. The o-ring will be a hole with a straight thread and a slight chamfer where the o-ring sits. The pipe thread type will have the tapered pipe thread in it. The fittings on a loader could also be in several sizes varying from #4 up to about a #10. You will need to measure the hole to determine the size and look closely at the hole for the fitting to determine the type.

Ron, your likely to find the valve has #4 O-ring ports on it. A close up pic should help me identify it. However the quick connects used on the powermax's are pipe thread with a #4 JIC flare fitting adapter to the metal lines. I understand what your asking as there are several variations of this sized fitting and they will not interchange between brands. I know Simplicity and Deere both look similar but will not work together. You can remove the valve and a hose and take it with you to a supply house to get the correct fittings and couplings. Keep in mind you will want the least amount of fittings to adapt to your setup to reduce the cost and chance of leaks as well as for the compactness.

this is one of those places where a good picture would simplify things. This is a single spool valve from a 7117H (or equivalent) or a loader valve? Rod did a good job of explaining the options. If you have the fitting that screws into the valve that will tell a lot. The pipe fitting (NPT) - well it looks like a pipe fitting. The o-ring type (O-Ring Boss, or ORB) will have an o-ring that makes the seal. The neat thing about ORB is you can orient the fitting and then tighten the seal. and the tube type (JIC) is for a flare. (but not same flare as used w/ copper) I think the JIC # (5 in Rod's note) is the number of 1/16ths. Anyway, a JIC #5 is a 5/16 flare. Here's some pictures for you to look at: http://fittingsandadapters.com/hydadsteelfi.html I've only ever seen the couplers with NPT threads, so you probably need one of the adapters shown above. Geez, I hope this helps!

I need a #4 o ring type male elbow with a 1/8 female end Thanks. now to find where I can find these cheaply and the 4 disconnects

These guys, [url]http://www.surplussales.com/[/url], have alot of stuff, especially hydraulic. It appears that they changed their website since my last visit.... It's hard to navigate. Request a catalog and you'll be amazed at some of the stuff they have..

was on it last night, Think i see what I need.. trying to decide how much I want to spend on quick couplers now. I may only take loader off a few times Thanks for all the information I printed out the fittings chart. Everything has been helpful

quote:
Originally posted by Ronald Hribar
I need a #4 o ring type male elbow with a 1/8 female end
Are you sure about the 1/8" ? that's very small. another source: www.surpluscenter.com