Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
3314WV

Pulley Size

3314WV
Thanks Rod. I think that is my problem. Mine has a 3" on it now and it has great blade speed but stalls easily. This tractor had been sitting for quite some time and i am trying to get it up and running. I ordered a belt for the mower and the belt that came in was a double groove which has me wondering even further. I appreciate the help.

HubbardRA
If I remember, some of the 3300 tractors came with dual mower belts. There was quite a bit of problems with the double belts, since they had to be purchased as a pair for them to fit and work properly. Most people removed the double pulleys and replaced them with single belts. There are people on the site more knowledgeable than me about this belt setup, since I have never owned one.

UCD
The 3200 series Simplicity and B-212 Allis Chalmers came with a double V belt (one belt with a VV profile)not 2 V belts hence the double V pulley. There was kit available to convert them back to a single belt as most were. The single belt pulley PTO will work a well as the single belt pulley on the older FDT decks.