Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis color?

MowerMechanic

so i have an AC 608 thats orange. im guessing 1974-75? anyways we just redid my boys 717 broadmoor and now my daughter wants her 608 done. Is the color the same as simplicity orange or is it different?

I always thought the Allis Chalmers orange is more "orange" than the Simplicity orange. When I had my Landlord repainted the paint codes were different, at least thats what the body shop man said when I asked about the differences. My son is redoing a Sovereign right now and he's using Allis Chalmers paint from our local Fleet Farm. The paint is made by Valspar. He likes the look of the Allis better. Changing the decals to a 918 Allis.

I thought by 75' it was the other way. Simplicity was more orange and the allis was more red, but I don't know. If you look at the ads it kinda hard to tell. I used allis orange on my 75' 7016 and it's close. It's a worker so close is good.

The AC lawn and garden equipment used "Corporate Orange" rather than the more common persian orange. Most AGCO dealers still stock it in quarts and spray cans. I have never used it so I can't vouch for its color match.

My son used the Allis Chalmers orange from Mills Fleet Farm,made by Valspar, and its a brighter orange than the "corporate orange". He likes the way it came out and I guess thats the most important thing. I'll have to post some pictures when I pay my dues and learn how to post photos.sm00

more confused as ever now. Seems it comes down to personal taste but what was this 608 originally?

If you want it to look like it came right from factory, use the corporate orange. One or two quart cans should do it.