Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Caish

A/C 920 First Cut..

Caish
Well I ordered a $170 worth of parts to fix the mowing deck. When its running that diesel engine is joy. It doesn't load up or slow down. I've got a fuel leak on the right side, what appears the be the injectors/pump I think. ITs Banjo looking bolt. IS there a simple fix, or a PDF available for these strange engines? I think its starving for fuel. It will be running perfect then just die. It will restart for a 10 to 30 seconds then die again. If I let it set and cool down it will run again for a bit. Thanks for any suggestions. Terry

PM me with your email address and I will send you copies of the engine service manual and parts book. Do a search for Diesel or 7790 and you'll eventually find a a post with a picture of the area your leak is in. The most likely source is an O-ring in the 2 fittings coming out of the top of the pump to the injectors. If it really is a banjo fitting, loosen and then re-tighten-----repeat, LOOSEN and then re-tighten.

Caish
I got the manual, no problem. Removed the shrouds best could be done without disassembling the tractor. I found very little in the way of clippings in there. Mostly light fluff that looked like dandelions. Checked the Banjo bolt it is TIGHT, didn't budge a bit. I checked all the hose clamps on fuel lines for tightness. So I guess I'm at a loss on where its leaking fuel on the engine. wah I'll work on it more later. If I can get all the gremlins out of it I have no doubt its a great yard tractor. sm06