Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

A/C 920 First Cut..

Caish

Well I ordered a $170 worth of parts to fix the mowing deck. When its running that diesel engine is joy. It doesn't load up or slow down. I've got a fuel leak on the right side, what appears the be the injectors/pump I think. ITs Banjo looking bolt. IS there a simple fix, or a PDF available for these strange engines? I think its starving for fuel. It will be running perfect then just die. It will restart for a 10 to 30 seconds then die again. If I let it set and cool down it will run again for a bit. Thanks for any suggestions. Terry

I'm sure there are guys here who can help you but they will need more information about your tractor and engine to do so. larry

PM me with your email address and I will send you copies of the engine service manual and parts book. Do a search for Diesel or 7790 and you'll eventually find a a post with a picture of the area your leak is in. The most likely source is an O-ring in the 2 fittings coming out of the top of the pump to the injectors. If it really is a banjo fitting, loosen and then re-tighten-----repeat, LOOSEN and then re-tighten.

I got the manual, no problem. Removed the shrouds best could be done without disassembling the tractor. I found very little in the way of clippings in there. Mostly light fluff that looked like dandelions. Checked the Banjo bolt it is TIGHT, didn't budge a bit. I checked all the hose clamps on fuel lines for tightness. So I guess I'm at a loss on where its leaking fuel on the engine. wah I'll work on it more later. If I can get all the gremlins out of it I have no doubt its a great yard tractor. sm06