Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

MowerMechanic

Does the 717 broadmoor have any kind of hitch/attachments for the rear? i always see mower decks, snow blowers and front blades but never anything hanging off the rear but some shiney carts painted orange

The only thing that would go on the back as far as I can remember would be the 4hp vac engine/fan assembly. The 6hp, 707 and 717 Broadmoors did not have a rear PTO. Did the 727? Can't remember. Only the 3 speed Broadmoors/Yeomans had a provision for rear PTO to run a tiller and revitalizer - such as the 728, 738, and 5008/5010. A 2 speed trans can be modified - use the 3 speed input shaft and LH case thru bearing and seal after the LH trans case has been counterbored for the seal. Or, just swap in a later 3 speed trans - pretty sure it should just bolt in - right guys? Tim

anyone have a picture of this hitch setup? I have a a/c 608 with the 3 speed rear end and the pto. could use that instead of the 717 cause the 608 is next in line for shop time since we did all we need to do to the broadmoor.

TimFlury has posted below a picture of the RARE hitch used on Broadmoors. This hitch is the lower attachement point. The upper atttachment is a formed tube that is part of the fender support structure. Tom

Hey Tom, never have made it over to meet you yet, but I get the feeling you are really into the broadmoors!:D:D:D

quote:
Here is a picture of the RARE hitch used on Broadmoors
quote:
I am having picture problems and will edit this post later to add the pictures!
I havent been this dissapointed since my divorce!!!:Y

Have no fear Don. Tom will set you, and the rest of us straight. As far as rear attachments for small frame tractors go, an output shaft off the left side of the tranny is needed for any belt driven attachments.

You also need the rear hitch shown on the bottom of the picture..

thank you thank you, if you ever get time would you take some snap shots of all the hitch works with a tape measure. I have acess to a very large company funded shop and want to make something up. thinking more of tractional sleeve hitch type impliments but trying to get ideas on mountinf, lift and pivit points. thanks guys