Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
tripleguy

5216H refresh

tripleguy
I'd first like to say thanks for the help I've receivd on this forum - met some great folks here. I was new to Simplicity when I picked up this little 5216 for mowing duty. Previous owner had things way out of adjustment and could have been the reason for selling. Carb fuel mixture was too rich, idle too high, deck belt out of adjustment, hydro lever needed adjustment, brakes were non functioning - out of adjustment, ran into trouble with a bad ignition switch and worst of all, the fuel line he replaced rode right over the governor linkage making the mower weak in even moderate grass. Thanks to the help of folks I met on this forum, it runs strong and mows great. I touched up the front rims, seat back and back of the frame. Otherwise - it's original. Might do the running boards yet but I won't paint the deck cuz it gets a workout on the yard.

JohnMBerst
You will enjoy the tractor, as my 5212.5 has run well for 24+ years. Take care of it and it will be around for a long time. Use mine for cutting and snow throwing. Good seat time.