Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
osenga

osenga
ok I was out tilling my garden and my tractor started smoking . and the smoke is coming from behinde the carb. from that little plate with the nut in the miiddle of it and it is notced outwards spot .and smoke is coming out off it . can anyone tell me whats going on or do these kohler 341s do that ????

Chris727
That plate covers the crankcase breather assembly. It is likely dirty and needs to be disassembled and cleaned. There are peices of mesh screen that you can clean with some gasoline or carburetor/choke cleaner You will most likely break the gaskets and need to replace them.

sammiefish
yup, breather assy... is it covered in oil / dirt...? you could just degrease / pressure wash and see if that helps... i did get lucky like that on one of mine... but as was said.. just clean it and you are good to go... or else you have blow by into the case exiting this way..... but yeah they will puff a little bit ... not fogging for mosquitoes or anything but a puff now and then i think is normal for their age....

osenga
Ok I will clean it and give it a try this week and see if it works . Started out a little then by the time I was done tilling it was a solid stream of white smoke coming out then . Thanks for all the input