Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Ronald Hribar

7117 tiller belt routing

Ronald Hribar
My son in laws 7117 tilller belt broke. I got a new one from the dealer and put it on Son in law called today and said belt was too loose I looked at it, loosened tension spring and belt was tighter Now I am wondering if belt is routed right top of belt runs under flat pulley and over idler pulley that is mounted on hitch, then around big pulley on tiller, over the top of flat tension puuley on tillerand back to pto. Does that sound right? Someone have a diagram ?

PhanDad
At first I thought you had the belt routed incorrectly, but it was my memory. I reread your post and compared it to the operating manual, and I think you have the belt routed correctly. The only thing to add is the lower part of the belt goes under the lower idler on the "idler arm" (the double pulley setup that mounts on the rear of the tractor). You can see the belt routing diagram Figure 6 on page 10 of the 1690039 operators manual: http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCyEN8bqM2rE3Cvh5kbp796Dq