Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
orangebgood

Homelite T13.

orangebgood
Recent acquisition is a T13 with shuttle shift. Hope to use it to plow snow this winter. I am curious about the problems that owners have with the shuttle shift option. So far mine is working OK. I know if it ain't broke don't fix it but I am interested in what to be aware of. Thanks, Earl.

Bailey
Hey Earl .... I've been mowing with a 3410S this year. I had to completely rebuild the shuttle on it ..... It was still "working" when I got it, but the needle bearing and bushings were completely shot, and one sheave had actually been ruined because of it. I would say listen for grinding, watch for wobble and consider tearing it down, just as an exercise to get familiar with it, and to examine the condition of the bearings/bushings. It will cost a lot less to fix something that you catch early ...........

HubbardRA
Pull the cap off and fill the planetary with grease. The most common problem is lack of grease. Other than that, just keep it adjusted. My AC 713S was built with the engine and shuttle tranny from a T13.