Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Homelite T13.

orangebgood

Recent acquisition is a T13 with shuttle shift. Hope to use it to plow snow this winter. I am curious about the problems that owners have with the shuttle shift option. So far mine is working OK. I know if it ain't broke don't fix it but I am interested in what to be aware of. Thanks, Earl.

Hey Earl .... I've been mowing with a 3410S this year. I had to completely rebuild the shuttle on it ..... It was still "working" when I got it, but the needle bearing and bushings were completely shot, and one sheave had actually been ruined because of it. I would say listen for grinding, watch for wobble and consider tearing it down, just as an exercise to get familiar with it, and to examine the condition of the bearings/bushings. It will cost a lot less to fix something that you catch early ...........

Pull the cap off and fill the planetary with grease. The most common problem is lack of grease. Other than that, just keep it adjusted. My AC 713S was built with the engine and shuttle tranny from a T13.

• 11 months later...