Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
onebadfish

2 problems...related?

onebadfish
Hello all been MIA a while but been reading all along. My 7117h with hydraulic lift is having a couple of issues. I had a pretty heavy utility trailer on the hitch adn when parked on a slight incline, once the engine was shut off it started to roll. I removed the trialer immediately, but she still rolls while in neutral now with the engine off where it used to hold just about any incline in neutral engine off. I also noticed which may not be related but the hydraulic lift lever now stays in the up position when moved there and stays until moved back manually. It used to spring back to the center position. Are these 2 issues related? Did the trailer cause either of them to show up? And most important how do I fix these issues? Is it just a spring off maybe that pops the hydraulic lift lever back to center that is missing or something? Thanks in advance, Tim

Burntime
Mine does the same thing. I was told it is the valves on the hydro, works fine when going so I have not torn into it. Someone said something like the spring is worn? I guess it holds presure.

larry8200
Under the seat, on the top of the hydro, there is a spring loaded clip that holds 2 pins in (engaged) or out (dis-engaged) with the clip engaged the tractor can roll while tractor is off. If the clip is left down, or the pins are stuck, the tractor will roll when off but still functions normally when on (apparently. Dont know about the lift lever, but it IS part of the same hydraulic system

D-17_Dave
quote:
Originally posted by larry8200
Under the seat, on the top of the hydro, there is a spring loaded clip that holds 2 pins in (engaged) or out (dis-engaged) with the clip engaged the tractor can roll while tractor is off. If the clip is left down, or the pins are stuck, the tractor will roll when off but still functions normally when on (apparently.
I don't think the Sunstars have the same setup for neutral as the Large frame tractors do. Sounds like the pump or motor section in the hydro is getting weak. This won't be a problem under normal use as long as the charge pump can overcome the loss of oil leakage inside the high pressure section of the system. As for the lift valve, they are not linked. It's most likely you have broken a centering spring or worn a washer at the spring so it can't function properly. Under the valve, in line with the spool, opposite the lever, there is a cap screwed on the body of the valve. Unscrew the cap and inside there is 2 springs and a cup washer which pull the spool back to center. One of these springs or the cup is broken or the bolt that holds this together has backed off. Most likely....