Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

my workings of late.

dirtmister16

i had a whole page worth of info, but it stopped loading before it posted so ill give ya the quick version now. Murray 12/38. non original engine 11hp craftsman Briggs. non running, supposedly only a solenoid. solenoid,ignition switch, rebuild starter new drive belt, drive idler tension pulley, key in axle shaft new deck idler/tension pulley, put in a kill switch as well. as wiring was [img]/club2//attach/UCD/censored1.gif[/img] and was requested by customer. carburetor needed a new throttle shaft, and a full cleaning, had to adjust clutch/brake. but is so out of whack i could not get it perfect, but made it work well. full tune up, blades sharpened. reseated tire bead. now runs like a champ and will mow like Murray for much time to come. poor thing still isn't 100% but only due to a bad transmission that the customer did not want to change(not worth the money) here is a picture of the beast will take more after clean up and delivery tomorrow.

My first tractor here on the ranch was one of those, it came with the house, used the heck out of it for 4 years,and it served me well............ then I upgraded to a 916h...and never looked back

used to have a mtd at one time before the old man upgraded to a allis. i don't like box store tractors. most of them are a pain to work on. but some are nice. that and it keeps me working, they break down often enough, or so it seems.