Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MPH

Mid 80's Landlord

MPH
With a 16hp Briggs vanguard laying down on the job. Looks like a Lawn Mower to me. Not running, current owner has never had it going, no deck or anything with it, is it worth a 100 bucks? Are they any good to own?

Chris727
Sounds like its from the 1990's. Probably worth the $100 in parts. I think in the 80's the landlord would have still been the 7110 with a horizontal Kohler. There were a few years when no "Landlord" was produced.

perry
they are all right to mow grass with. but they have a cheap transmission. i picked a decent looking mid 90's broadmoor with the vertical opposed twin 16hp a few years ago with a bad hydro trans. i had a craftsman lawn tractor here with the same trans. swapped it out and sold the tractor for $700. not sure if the landlords have the same garbage trans.

Chris727
The 90's Landlords have a larger transmission than the broadmoor. They were rated for ground engaging equipment, though I have still seen a number of used Landlords with bad transmissions. They used several different transmissions in them, the earlier ones were available with a gear drive, later they were mostly if not all hydrostats, I think by 2000 or 2001 the Landlord DLX was a pretty nice machine and by then had the bugs worked out of it.