Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
JAK

B-112 48" Mower deck to PTO belt problem

JordB110
Same thing happend to me. Behind the left rear wheel(sitting on tractor) there should be a spring attached to the PTO assembly. There should be a lever behind the axle tube which needs to be pulled all the way back and up to tighten belt. Hope this helps, Jordan.

JAK
Last season the belt used from the PTO to the mower deck broke. The mower was making a lot of noise. I replaced the top and bottom bearings in the left shaft assembly and center assembly. Also the center assembly shaft because the threads were badly damaged. After putting the mower deck back on the tractor and installing belt #108458 DF the belt comes off as soon as the PTO lever is engaged no matter how gently I engage it. There are two pulley's on the right side of the PTO shaft it dosen't matter which one I use (small or large)it still comes off. No repairs were made to the PTO assembly, it is all original equipment. I bought the tractor and deck new in 1970. All the belts used are stock belts through out. Grass is getting high. Tractor has a manual 3 speed with variable speed control and the the mower is 48" I have never seen a model # and would have to ask the dealer I bought it off of to assist me with that information.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated