Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What is it and whats it worth?

MowerMechanic

Looks like a a basic 3400 series sovereign with no deck. in not running condition I'd say it's worth about 12 cents a pound or about $75. Looks like a money pit to me.

ok thanks guys. Im not interested in the sovereign. I just look at any simplicity that comes up in washington cause they are so rare here. 99% of the population here dont even know what they are. Unless they moved here from back east. The guy also has a yoeman im interested in http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/grd/1771737933.html I like these little guys and have a sweet spot for them. The guy has lots of stuff around tillers, snow blowers, wheel weights etc for simplicitys so we are ganna take a drive down and check it out. Im not spending any $$ just barter. I have some sears and cub cadet stuff around he really wants so we might cut some deals. Let me know what u think of the yoeman. He said its a 767?? has pull start and electric so i think its original power

I think thats right about it being a landlord, and I'd like nothing better than for someone to bring the old girl back to life. Didn't mean to sound pessimistic it's just difficult to put a value on such a non-running "Project" even if you know what to look for. It could have been a decent running machine and still be heavily worn. I just cant see $250 without something for a deck. I think the #1 reason these get parked is the deck finally rots out. I've seen pristine 48" large frame decks go on ebay for over $400 + S&H, on the other hand there is a welded and rusted deck offerred on the club here for $40 OBO right now. Hope you get a good one and show the people out there what these are all about.