Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MPH

My New 'Rose' Garden

MPH
To those who were in the chat room, glad i left early, finished up in light rain, still dripping out. Had this pile of stumps to deal with, tired of tring to burn them, besides it's too dry for a fire permit,

so I traded plowing a large garden for some time with an old bobcat 610 with forks and made the pile a windrow

used the 4040 with harrow to drag the loose roots outta the newly cleared area

I tie a piece of chain link fence to the bottom of the harrow for dragging my seedings in good, works well as this way I can raise it to turn around, like on the lawn.

Takes a couple years but wild roses and fireweed overtake areas with tree stumps and moss pushed up. I may have to help it out a bit and dig up some wild roses to get it going faster.

MPH
Sitting on just under 6 acres Erik Got about half of it cleared of spruce roots. Have gotten too much seat time this spring Jim, gone through over 15 gallons of tractor gas already and I only mowed once, just to even it up some.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• 720nut
    • Mine19821
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• dav-1

dav-1  »  Talntedmrgreen

Over a year ago, you answered a question I had about the tool bar for my FDT. In your reply dated Dec 31, 2019  you said the spacer, part #16, goes in the bar to allow for up and down depth adjustment. does this mean the bolt has to be tightened at whatever depth desired or does the bolt slide up and down, allowing the lower hitch to free float?
         If it is tightened so the lower hitch and the bar are rigid, then is the depth to be controlled by the shoes? Or by the lift handle?
        Is there any kind of user directions for the tool bar? The Outdoor Power Manual basically shows how to assemble the bar but not how to use it
      · 1 reply
    • tribswede

tribswede  »  goatfarmer

ISO a deck for a 6516 H and all the connecting hardware any ideas on where to start?

· 1 reply
  • Adverts