Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

AC D-17 Tractor

I have an AC D-17 Series III tractor and I was wondering how practical it is to put a front end loader on the unit? The tractor has wide front and power steering but I have been told that the hydraulics are too slow for a front end loader. Any one know if this is true or not? It there a way to overcome slow hydraulic so I could put a loader on the tractor? Thanks Richard

JordB110
Try Allis-Chalmers.com, there are many guys over there who can help you out with exactly what you need. Click on the link then go click on discussion at top of page. Good Luck, Jordan.[A href='http://www.allischalmers.com']http://www.allischalmers.com[/a]

I use to be an A-C dealer in Wis. D-17seriesIII was made to be a loader-tractor. You wouldn't have any problems with slow hyds. that tractor has enough for the job, just be sure you get a loader with low pressure cylinders. Beside an AGCO try finding a Schwartz loader.

Tuffy
The Series III was built with enhanced hydraulics in mind including a three spool valve. That tractor will handle a loader like nobody's business. Who ever told you it was slow is full of molasses. Steve

Cal
I have an early D-17 with an allis loader that has a front mtd. pump I believe it is called a 500 loader what a great tractor loader. I have owned it since 85 I bought it at the auction when the Ag dealer in town sold out he did'nt want to sell green D-As . Cal

Les
Although I am not particularly fond of Allis-Chalmers farm tractors, I would have to agree with all of the above posts. One of the strenghts of the AC farm tractor line was their strong hydraulics, even stronger than Deere! ACs' used a close-center system with exceptionally high pressure. The pressure is so high, that if you would put your finger on a pin-hole leak, the hydraulic oil can enter your body similar to way a hypodermic needle would work. Many farmers have gotton ill this way, so be careful