Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

look what I got from grandma

peterinbrooklyn

well grandma gave me this and a twin to it that my grandpa had bought both new and used one for mowing and one for tilling. The one with the tiller has all for hood t bolts and all four hubcaps. its all original! the other will need some work but does run and drive but I really have no room for them so im selling them as a pair. i have them listed on here and on CL for sale I will take best offer im asking 600

I really wish I could but its gonna have to live outside and I don't wanna have to do that! I really want somebody who will appreciate it to own it and put it to great use!

Man, If I could get Grandma to give me grandpa's Simplicity and attachments... I'd disasseble it, clean it, move it to the living room and reassemble it as a permanant art object! I couldn't ever sell something that sentimental to me. I'd make room for it. Doug

well I just got a 1960 garden mark squire that i totally love but if i can sell it before i sell the LL then I will keep it. I just dont have the room!

quote:
Originally posted by Storm7012
Build on, you'll always wish you'd kept this one....
He is right.dOd

You know grandma trusted you to do what was right with grandpa's old tractors. I was given an old gun that belonged to my grandpa and I sold it some years latter. Do I ever regret that.:(sm02 Think about it real hard before you sell grandpa's stuff. Dan

quote:
Originally posted by IronPony
You know grandma trusted you to do what was right with grandpa's old tractors. I was given an old gun that belonged to my grandpa and I sold it some years latter. Do I ever regret that.:(sm02 Think about it real hard before you sell grandpa's stuff. Dan
Yep I still own all the tractors my grandfather bought My 3314 V I still got.

There's something about operating a tractor that's been in the family for a loooong time. My 728 was bought new by my dad. I mowed on it as a young teen. He bought a 7016 new and gave the 728 to my grandfather, who lived across the barnyard. He had it for quite a while, then gave it to my then brother-in-law. Long story short, I aquired it after awhile, and put another engine on it. We have moved off the farm, into the suburbs on a half acre lot. It's the perfect size now. Every now and then I'll breakout into a big grin when I'm mowing, thinking about my dad and grandfather who have both passed on. My son has already put his dibbs on it.

These guys are right, DONT SELL THEM!! Take it as a sign you'll have a new place soon, or say with the current economy I'll only get a third what they're worth, or I have to keep gramps tractors or whatever it takes but KEEP THEM! Think of this: It's next spring, and your mowing with a 3hp MTD pushmower..... :D:D:D:D:D

No way man don't sell it,you need to keep it and pass it down the line I wish my dad wasn't such a selfcentered jerk he sold all my grandpa's stuff I wish I could of got something like this to keep in memory.