Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Anyone re-power a 2210?

I am trying to decide on rebuilding my 2210 motor or upgrading to something newer with more HP. For now I am going to see if the 23D I have will work in it. Anyone re-power a 2210 or similar? What mods did you have to make? Any pictures, input, or recommendations? What motor did you use?

quote:
Originally posted by Burntime
I dropped a 12hp briggs in mine. All the same except a chrome air cleaner.
I assume you mean something from the same period like from a 2012? I was more looking at a modern engine I could just order.

The first link below shows a repower kit for a modern 11hp in a B series. I believe Kenny stated a while back that he has done something simular. There is also some that have put the vanguard twins in B series. http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/RepowerItems.asp?Brand=Allis Chalmers&Model=B-110 http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=86413&SearchTerms=vanguard

quote:
Originally posted by Storm7012
I've got 16's in my 2010 and 3112V. Awesome tractors....
Thats what I was shooting towards, what model 16's did you put in? Any pics? Issues?

16hp - 326431 & 326437 horizontal single cylinder cast iron engine. One uses starter generator the other a ring gear starter. You can find them on craigslist all the time for reasonable prices. The 16hp will bolt right in - it has the same foot print as the 10hp 243431.

quote:
Originally posted by RayS
16hp - 326431 & 326437 horizontal single cylinder cast iron engine. One uses starter generator the other a ring gear starter. You can find them on craigslist all the time for reasonable prices. The 16hp will bolt right in - it has the same foot print as the 10hp 243431.
PERFECT! Thanks! Now I just have to find one lol.