Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

6212.5 Repower is up and running

lampoulos

Guys, I'm all excited, I just came in the house and kicked the wife off the home computer to write to you. I've been working on steering, frame, and electrical gremlins for a year and a half on my 6212.5; including dropping in an 18hp B&S as a repower. Well, she just went on her maiden voyage this afternoon and is running like a champ! Now that it's running I'm looking to get a tiller for it. Can anyone post a picture of a hitch for a 6200 series? I can't for the lift of me find anything for it on the internet. I figure if I can't find one, I'll have to make it.

Looking forward to pictures, as I have a 6216 in the "works". Hope to have it running for snow time, and retire the 5212.5 for summers. Just started to work on engine, transmission, and rear end. Slow but sure. I'm sure yours is a job well done.

It took me a while. But here's what I've done so far. She's ugly now. But runs great!

I used the tin from the original 12.5hp. Everything bolts into place. There were a couple of slight modifications. But it was all basically the same.

It's a good start. What do you guys think?

I think it's grrrrreeeeat!
quote:
Guys, I'm all excited, I just came in the house and kicked the wife off the home computer to write to you.
But how's your wife doing?

Get hold of sunrunner, he is an expert on all the 6000 series tractors, in my opinion. He has helped me alot with my allis 810GT which is a 6010 clone. He helped me with my tiller hitch. Yours is a bit different than mine but I know he has 6200 series tractors and maybe some pics of the hitch for you. Steve

Considering that I'm supposed to be putting together our new house, my wife isn't all that happy about it. But our new back yard hasn't been tended to in about twenty years. It supports ample seat time in the tractor, so I had to get it running.