Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
mroman59

Simplicity 6216 , repower/replacement engine?

mroman59
Has anyone ever tried putting a new engine of a Simplicity 6216? Companies who sell replacement engines do not seem to provide one for this model and I don't think it would probably be worth rebuilding that engine, not sure. I was wondering if anyone tried to use a newer B&S Intek engines, or other brands and make necessary modifications to make them fit. I checked Small Engine Warehouse and they do not have a replacement "repower" engine for this model.

Cvans
If the shaft diameter and length is suitable for your application the rest of the install should be pretty straight forward. Also check engine rotation just to be on the safe side.

mroman59
I agree however on the newer V-twins I think the muffler can not be installed with that frame. It will hit the frame. I think you will need to raise it off the frame and then get an engine with a longer shaft. The v-twins come with 3 5/32" length and a 4 5/16" length. The long shaft will work and allow you to raise the engine on custom mounting blocks, however the larger diameter will require getting the pulley assembly bored out. Thats my analysis so far by looking at newer B&S V-twin engines. Any thoughts appreciated.