Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
DRofHEAT

new member needs info simp 725 years of manufact

DRofHEAT
hello new member here I have a chance to buy a simp 725 owner says its a 67 need to know how old this is he has a rototiller snowblower front weight rear wheel wieghts told me his dad bought it new in 67 hasnt been used in 30+ years but sitting under cover also has some type of chipper in the corner of this barn he has no idea what any of this is worth but would like it all gone so any ideas as to what any of this worth would be great as he wants a package price no mower deck and it is electric start no lights help thanks

Kent
Model 725's were made in 1961 and 1962. I could have easily been sold new in 1963, or perhaps even in 1964. IMO, I wouldn't worry about the difference of a few years. All that really matters on something this old is its condition. Has it really been sitting under cover for 30+ years? How worn is it? How rusty is it? Does the engine still turn over? Are cables and linkages free? etc., etc., etc. The tiller may be worth as much as the tractor, if it is in good condition. It'll likely take some time and TLC and a few $$ to get the tractor running. The tiller, on the other hand, is likely ready to work, with a good inspection and greasing.... If that is a chipper/shredder for this old machine, it is probably worth about as much as the tractor also. They were made by MacKissic and are hard to find. I'd be interested in it, if you're not... since I'm not far up the road (North Brookfield).... Kent

DRofHEAT
thanks for the info Kent it did indeed look like it has been sitting under cover for years the seat was still ingood shape and the paint was faded no rust noted sterring wheel still white no signs of cracks lol and the trusty ole mag light was getting dim but all the paint looked good one flat tire on rear wheel paint still good far better in a pearance then the b 110 was in i dont want to take advantage of the older man that owns all this he has no ideas of value and want an offer so the million dollar question is what should i offer for all I would like to have it with the b110 in Orange this year most likely as is til time allows betterment still have an old suburan 6 speed that hasnt made a show yet that is the one i used in my younger days

MPH
Price I don't know, in my world here in Alaska you guys all steal your tractors. I'd put that one on a credit card if I had to before I'd let it get away. Just my 2 cents worth. MPH

dymondclay
Kent, A price would be what two people are happy with! If I were to make the gentleman an offer, it would be in the neighborhood of $300 for everything. You will invest another$300 to $400 in belts and other repairs to get it in shape. Good luck - it's a good ole tractor. One warning though.. Check the bolts that hold the cast iron rearend to the steel frame (near the gear shift lever) make sure they can be kept tight and none of the casting is broken where the bolts are. Marion W. Kerr