Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Finkbeinerpulling

anybody seen this?

Finkbeinerpulling
has anyone seen the diesel b10 on fleabay? i just came across it-looks like a SEAMLESS repower with a little yanmar or hatz. better yet has anyone done this themselves?

Cvans
I did a Lester-Petters to Wheel Horse and a Kubota to Bolens and own two other diesel garden tractors. It's a whole different world. On my 7117 and other gas tractors it's just standard proceedure to fill the tank before taking them out to work. On the diesels I always check the tanks but it seems they never need any fuel. I know this sounds like B.S. but that's the way it seems. The down side is the work involved in converting from an air cooled gas engine to a water cooled diesel. I don't think I would do it again. Switching from an air cooled to an air cooled on the other hand requires much less work and I would do again without a thought. There are some very good Chinese diesel engines out there and some junk. If you do your homework before hand I think you would be very pleased with the results. Here in SD the winters can be pretty brutal so I'm keeping the 7117 as is for ease of starting in the winter for blowing snow. Other than that I'm a true believer in small diesel engines of good quality. Just my $.02