Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
adamf203

B212

adamf203
I am looking for replacement ball joints for my 212. The joints are part number 2164272SM according to Jacks Small Engines for the Simplicity OEM ball joint. The part is $32 a piece. Is a generic ball joint that can be used for these tractors? I see that Jack's has generic ball joints that are for under $10, but I am unsure of the threading and size

adamf203
I found this website... http://www.midwestcontrol.com/turbosearch.php I assume that I need female joints, but the threading is confusing me as I can not find anything in the parts manual.

sammiefish
sounds like the best idea is to take one off and take it to your farm store .... i know the MF16 uses the same ones as my 3/400's sould be pretty standard...

adamf203
I dont have a farm store... The closest thing that I would have is a Tractor Supply. They would have no clue as to what I was even talking about.

Chris727
I think the thread is 7/16-20 but don't quote me on that, regardless or where you find them they'll probably be more than $10 each. The cheaper ones commonly used on MTD's are much smaller.

actrac
Any NAPA auto parts can get them. They list 5 options. The 7/16X20 RH thread on male/female is Part #7-07492. 1/2"X20 RH thread M/F both ends is Part #7-07494. Some have LHand thread on Female end on one side, not sure what Simplicity did.

adamf203
2164272SM http://www.jackssmallengines.com/searchresults.cfm?cx=008737122150761418589%3Ac24nnqwh7co&cof=FORID%3A11&q=2164272SM&sa.x=12&sa.y=17#205 Its a joint ball or ball joint

larry8200
Tip: If the back joint is falling off from being loose, switch the front to the back, the back always wears more, and gravity will (mostly :D) hold the front one in place.