Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

This Weekend Find

xenon172

It's not a Simplicity or Allis but from what I understand these Demonstrators are extremely rare. It's a 444 circa 1970 or 71. What was amazing about it is that tires, front and rear are mint. The price was right so you take what you can get when it shows up.

quote:
Originally posted by PhanDad
Great looking tractor. Going to be a worker?
This one will probably be a complete frame off restoration and although it will be fully capable of being a worker its real value is as a collectible. Those John Deere patio tractors that sell for big dollars are common place compared to these.

Adam, The Demonstrator program began in 1971. Your color scheme was used in 71,72 and 73. In 74 the Case decal did not band around the hood but rather ran the length of the hood. In 71 Case "got it's act together" with a wide array of implements and attachments and a dealer could buy a Demonstrator with all the fixins for a greatly reduced price in exchange for aggressively demonstrating or even loaning the tractor to potential buyers. The tractor was sold at a reduced price at the end of the year and the dealer got a new one. You live out in Litchfield so I bet the dealer was Woodbury Tractor. Case made bigger Demonstrators as well. This is a 1971:

Many Case collectors have never seen an example of the Demonstrator you found in person.

Very cool find. A few years ago I picked up a 222 Case Demonstrator. It is patiently waiting restoration.

wow, looks nice... if the tire wear is any real indication of use the guts may be mint as well!! good for you!!! sorta like looking at the clutch pedal on a car to get indication of type of use....sm01