Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
shovelhead

716H Reverse but no Forward

shovelhead
Just bought me a clean 716H,..cleaned carb and it started right up and sounds good. The thing will climb a wall in Reverse but nothing in Forward. The tractor has been sitting for 4 or 5 years. Any ideas would be great. Thanks.. Dennis

shovelhead
Just checked bypass valves and one does appear to be stuck down because of some rust on the top of it. What am I going to get into when I remove the valve to try to free it up. Sprayed it with WD for now and letting it soak.

CarlH
Not a lot of magic. Just unscrew them and apply WD40 liberally to get the pin free. Roy had a thread on taking them apart and repairing them but that requires special tools and skills beyond the average.

shovelhead
I got the pin to free up after alot of soaking and working the pin up and down useing a small allen wrench on the bottom side. This problem is solved and moving on to the next. Thanks,..

RayS
I believe this is the one that Roy posted a link too. I hear they can be had new for under $50 from a hydralic parts house that deals in Sundstrand parts. Got that info from Bunky. I just work them back and forth the way Carl stated until they free up. http://cubfaq.com/relief1.html