Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

First things first (712 Shuttle)

OrangeMetalGuy

OrangeMetalGuy
Ok so the first thing to do was to replace that thing masquerading as a seat:

With this:

I also made replacement tin for the top of the engine:

The old "seat" should be part of the landfill by tomorrow morning. Now at least I can sit on the machine and be seen by people who know me.

Looks great! I think I'm finally understanding this seat thing....apparently, they're some sort of cushy framework to support the backside. Seems like a good idea :o)

I've seen the old seats like that on the garden tractor pullin' circuit. It's like that so the driver can lean WAAAAAY back and get extra weight on the rear wheels. By the way,,,,, nice machine!

OrangeMetalGuy
Yeah, I can't wait to see how those ags, with chains and those weights (solid lead, not steel or concrete) do in the snow this winter. I want to paint the rims (stock off-white) and also the weights in black. I am wondering if an etching primer on the weights would help the paint stick?

captainweezy
I like the stock look on almost everything. With that said my new seat on my 917 is not stock but is WAAAAAAAY more comfortable. Looks like your 712 is starting to take shape. Nice:p

OrangeMetalGuy
I guess it's time to raid the local auto parts stores and buy up all the DupliColor DE-1620 I can find. We have one here in town and one at work so I should be able to pick up 8-10 cans.