Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
mroman59

discovered oil leak on 7117 - help

mroman59
As I was repairing my clutch cone assembly and BGB I noticed oil dripping on to the garage floor. I cant seem to find where it is coming from. There is oil collecting on the transmission case, left side of tractor, at the point where a bolt attaches the transmission to the side plate at the bottom. That bolt is just above and in line with the left side axle. The oil appears to be on the inside of the side plate and collecting on the part where the bolt threads in. Has anyone had a similar leak in that area? thanks, MR

Vassal
I think (out loud) we were just talking about your repair to the hyd hose fitting right? Is it possible this is fluid that dripped down when charge pump was removed and only now it has made it's way down to drip on the floor? That's the same side as this new(?)leak right?

mroman59
yes it is the same side as the charge pump, however I thought about that possibility and I looked around the housing and lines and they are all dry. I am thinking that the leak was probably already there because I checked my shed which has a wood floor and there is oil where the tractor sets. Less obvious than in the garage.