Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
mroman59

bearing replacement in clutch clone pulley ?

mroman59
Has anyone had to replace the bearing that is in the clutch cone pulley? My bearing is seams good, however hole where the drive shaft runs through has become distorted on one side, as if the shaft was wobbling and made it wear. That would be the most outer side. The inner side looks normal. Of course I dont know what a new one looks like. I went to simplicity dealer and showed the mechanic and he thought it was not normal, but he had never worked one ... he has only been there six years and the one expert who knew it all left the business. They did not have one is stock to show me what a new one looks like. I put my mower together in order to cut the grass, but I dont want to drive it too long just in case I cause further damage to something. That part is 1650254SM and costs $54.86. Is it hard to replace? Advice appreciated.

mroman59
Thanks for the advice. I just replace the clutch plate today along with a new shaft and gear in the BGB. The dealer did not have the bearing in stock when I called today. I only noticed it as I was putting it back together. I needed to cut the grass because the tractor has been down and it took over a week to get the parts. I will order the part and work on it since the grass is cut. I was tempted on biding on a clone clutch group on eBay which comes with the bearing. The seller says it is in usable condition.