Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

what have I got here? (A-C B12)

rsl6400

this is a link to a short video of my B12. i bought it from a guy who bought it from the original owner. i have the manual. the serial no. is 0001296. it runs like a champion, starts first time, every time though there is a problem with the 'hi-lo' shift, its stuck in one or the other. as the video shows, i have the tiller, mower, push blade & snowthrower- all are in fine working order but the tiller gets 95% of the work. never had a set of chains to try out the snowthrower, used the mower deck one season. i have 3 other mowers, a walk behind tiller & 2 boys to help with the snow removal so its time this baby went to a home where it will receive the care & attention it deserves. ive hunted extensively and they seem to be fairly uncommon, so i'm curious, whats something like this worth? any hints to other sites, tips, or offers would be greatly appreciated. I am mechanically inclined enough to keep it running, but not interested in refurbishing this myself. thanks all, rsl

Ralph, welcome to the site. Please take some time to look around our club. We offer a number of things including the support to keep these fine machines in good shape. However, non dues members are have limited access to areas of the site and are not allowed to post pictures or links to other sites. I'm a little confused about your questions. Most anyone here can help you with a technical problem but there are any number of varying answers as to what a tractor is worth. If this is only an ad to sell an item it should be priced and listed in our classifieds.

thanks for the welcome. i have been looking around the site for some time, and have gathered a few tips to help me learn about my machine and keep it running smoothly as ive been using it. I just wanted to get some idea, from a variety of sources, as to where the B12 fits in the eyes of collectors/enthusiasts, and yes, with an eye towards selling. After seeing and reading about a number of restoration projects here, it sure would be a wonderful accomplishment to fix this thing up, but i have neither the space, time or resources to undertake a task such as that. If i'm in the wrong forum to try a glean that type of information, i apologize, and will just go post it in the classifieds or craigslist or something. thanks, ralph

The B-12 was considered the "deluxe" garden tractor. I would say they are somewhat more desirable than a B-10 but not by that much.

Ralgh This is the best site on the internet for these tractors the info is unmatched by anyone else. It would be the best $10.00 you ever spent on your tractor.