Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7117, bearing removal from pulley - how to?

mroman59

Does anyone know the technique for removing the bearing from the pulley of the Cone Clutch Group for replacement? The book shows that it is behind the pulley, but my inspection it looks like it is inserted from the front. Do you need special tools? help appreciated

i popped it out, its the bushing that went bad, the book show the bearing and bushing as one part. i will have the bearing checked out to at local bearing supply place. i hope they have it, if i order from simplicity wont be in for week probably.

the bearing was in good shape but the sleeve inside the bushing was worn and had some play. I dont know how much you should have. But I assume that a new bearing assembly should fit snug. If there is too much play I wonder if it could cause enough wobble and the cause shaft damage, who knows. I dont want to do any damage to the new parts that I just put in i.e. shaft, gear, oil seals, and clutch plate. Thoughts welcomed.

Socket & hammer I couldn't find that bearing anywhere but simp. I assume because that bushing is pressed in there. fit should be a nice slip fit.