Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Local Estate Sale---Missed it--

MPH

A neat toy that's been in tok since 1990 is for sale on an estate sale, wish it was an auction.

their wanting 3,000 for it, looks like it's sat to long to me to take off running, I left an offer of 1500, kinda hoping someone wants it worse even it it be beat to have. Think it's a model M3000. Has a Briggs engine, not sure that's OEM went for 3 grand. Seeing I know the guy who got it will be interesting to see how much he dumps in it to get it going.

Wish it were in my back yard. Thats a $20,000 + machine new. Way too much in my opinion, but nonetheless thats what they sell them for. They had one on Ebay a week ago in Michigan with a buy it now of $8,000. I always thought they were neat, and I could even use one at the moment.

Went and looked at the manuals today, had all the paper work on the ole guy buying it, in 1990 he paid 7295.00 for the machine, loader and hoe plus 1985.00 shipping to Fairbanks.

Hey Marty, maybe Sarah Palin would be interested enough to throw a bid at it.......her new neighbor might decide to move out after seeing that hoe bucket kind of pass thru his front window.:D:O

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Went and looked at the manuals today, had all the paper work on the ole guy buying it, in 1990 he paid 7295.00 for the machine, loader and hoe plus 1985.00 shipping to Fairbanks.
I had the sales sheets for these a couple of years ago. Amazing how prices have risen since 1990.

Those Magnatracs are nimble little machines. I have the model MT1800 with a 2 cylinder Briggs engine, blade and bucket. Just finished this Spring moving 35 tons of dirt-- in a yard dump trailer-- manual dump-- back and forth to my back yard using a Simplicity 7016 with the trailer. Never had any troubles at all.