Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Mystery Cultivator ... update

Bailey

Picked this up recently and can't figure out what I've got. I've looked it over and there is not a single mark of any kind, number, letter, shape, nothing to identify it by. Anyone have a clue?

The three holes in an arch look like there was some adjustment in depth at some point, I think...... Can't quite sort out what was goin on there.

It's stupid heavy and should do a good job, but I'd like to figure out what it is, or at least how it was originally set up. If anyone has any ideas, toss 'em out here! Thanks Update ..... Just ran into this thing on ebay ...claims it goes to a '64 landlord. Looks like it shares some parts with mine, but put together very differently. Somehow this doesn't look right to me either ....

OK .... and this is apparently the real deal .... anyone have one of these and can load some better pictures? I'd really like to see what the original intent was ..... Thanks

You have it figured out, don't over think it. Adjust the depth with the wheels. Off of a 725 or 700. http://www.simpletractors.com/simplicity/new_in_1962/atch_page_3.htm

It looks homemade or custom made I think that's why you can't find any numbers or markings but that's just my thought

it might have been from an economy tractor. they used what they had to build the implements and just the way its built looks like the way some of the attachments and brakets look like for my economy.

Parts of it might be Simplicity but I don't think the entire unit is. The squard tubing on the tongue is fairly unusual. Looks like a homemade copy of the Simplicity cultivator.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• maxwood
    • gwiseman
    • PGL
    • andrew68
    • BLT
    • bradperc
    • AC710
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts