Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
lampoulos

6200 Hitch

lampoulos
Can someone please show me a picture of the hitch that's meant for a 6200 series? Here's a picture of what I have now. I'd like to see what it'll take to run a rototiller and rake. What did that use for lift? As you can see mine came to me pretty baron.

lampoulos
Thanks for posting the pics. It gives me something to aim for with my tractor. I hope mine will look that nice when I'm done with it. Mine has been a fun guessing game as to what's missing, ever since I bought it. The rake you're running on the back of your tractor on the 6th picture down. Is that a home made one? It looks like the A-frame from a snow plow?

sunrunner
Thanks and yes it is a 42" plow frame and the rake is actually a grader blade with notches on one side(very heavy) - When you download the attachment manual at simplicitymfg.com it has a lot of exploded views of all the attachments.....so you see how thing are suppose to fit

sunrunner
also you'll need a rear PTO pulley....Search under sunrunner or steve-wis and you'll find how he did his for his tractor - VERY NICE JOB he did - Chris This is what got me started a "SUNRUNNER"

lampoulos
Thanks Chris. I've already downloaded the manuals and have started looking for what I need. As soon as I get my welder moved out here I'm problably going to start putting it together. I'll keep you guys posted on the progress.

steve-wis
Hi, If you need pics of the rear pto setup from my Allis 810GT let me know and I will take some for you. I had to make some parts and others I found here and there. Also planning on making a sleeve hitch for the Allis, I found a nice 10 inch plow for it and now would really like to be able to mount it! Let me know if I can help! Steve

JohnMBerst
Thanks Chris. Hope to have some of those on my 6200 some day. First get it to run, and have the cab & blower for this winter. You know of any "used" lower steering tower. The PO broke the two feet which mount onto the frame, so it wiggles as you turn. And with the cab mount, need to have it strong. Great looking fleet!

lampoulos
John, I have a 5116 that I've been trying to sell since I broke the rear end, but have recently begun stealing parts off of for my 6218 to get her going. All the parts are actually really good on it including the lower steer tower. If you want it let me know and we'll figure out a way to get it to you from North Dakota. I couldn't scrap out the 5116 since it did so well for me in past years. I figure by parting it out it'll live on...right? lol