Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

let me introduce myself and my tractors

Finkbeinerpulling

hello everyone, im finally getting the chance to sit down at my computer and show off my tractors. i have 4 tractors a allis big ten, simplicity 725,3314s and a 3112h. all except the 3112 h are for tractor pulling. here in southeastern michigan we have a bit different style of tractor pulling. we dont use weight transfer sleds, instead we do deadweight pulling on cement slabs. this style of pulling is not only for garden tractors but farm stocks all the way up to 12000 lbs. also for garden tractor pulling, everyone only uses simplicitys and allis's because we've foun they are the only tractors heavy enough. The big ten i inherited from my uncle has been a puller for 15+ years and quite a champ too, the 725 and 3314s i am building for this year to get into the 8 and 12+ hp classes. the 3314s was originally a 3415s that a freind had with a bad motor, he sold it to me and i found a 14 hp briggs to put in it. the 725 i bought off craigslist is nothing short of perfect, i am extremely reluctant to turn it into a puller but the 8 hp class is small and easy to win. in the meantime im having a ball mowing lawn with it. the 3112h i also bought for 150 off craigslist and is my workhorse. the engine was rebuilt and runs great. the only problem is the cursed vickers control rod leaks. havent got to fixing it yet. if i am able to find another 725 or maybe even a b1sm06 the 3112h will be sold. lawn mowing is waayyyyy more fun with a nearly 50 year old lawnmower. so heres my fleet, enjoy all.

Welcom to the club. I myself lived in south/eastern Michigan for the past 10 years. In fact I still have many family ties back there. Craigslist in the Detroit area is a great place to find parts for Simplicity tractors. It seems as though everyone has one and noone appriciates them, so they're willing to give them away.

welcome to the club :). I'm real close to you in auburn hills. sure you have seen my listing on detroit craigslist. i bought a large lot of simplicity/allis stuff from 2 retired pullers. i still have a set of homemade wheelie bars and a straight posi axle. they told me they used the straight axle to bypass the planetary gear and tube that is prone to break. they built many pullers and said they could never get the drive belt slipping problem solved.

the drive belt is not a problem, use a new belt and put bungee cords on the clutch spring. one thing i have learned is the pulleys HAVE to be square and in good shape and to not use shuttleshifts. the locker forward belt is nearly impossible to hold. my uncle originally designed the straight axle for us.