Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
GWGAllisfan

Kohler issues contagious?

GWGAllisfan
I hyad poseted earlier about issues with my 7112 and K341. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=111931 Well last week I was going on vacation, and had to cut the grass before I left and afte I got back. I decided rather than fight the 7112 tractor, I'd just use the other one, a 712 with a K301. Strangely enough it seems to be doing a similar thing. Not as bad but very similar. Every time I hit a bump, it spits and slows down. Most of the bumps in my yard are about an inch hig or so, for reference. It's really bad when on a hill sideways and then a bump. I'm scratching my head in confusion on this one. The only points of similarity are the fuel, and the yard. This has really become an aggravation.

I wonder if you have some water in the fuel bowl of your carburetor. Unless you've been using E10, you could have. If you haven't been using E10, try running some isopropyl alcohol through it (or just take the fuel bowl off). I wonder if dirt in the fuel bowl could do the same thing?? Probably not.