Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
mroman59

7117 or 7121?????????

mroman59
I have a 7117 and I replaced the original 17 HP Kohler engine with a 21HP Kawasaki engine. The Kohler engine blew a rod and thats why the guy was selling it on eBay. He bought old lawn mowers and repaired them, mostly another brand and then sells them as a side hobby. He was not that knowledgeable about Simplicity tractors and didnt know what he had in his possession. After I told him about it, he said if he knew maybe he would have kept it for himself. He bought the Kohler engine off me after I told him that I was not going to use it. He probably stripped down and sold it for parts on eBay. Any how, now that I got the Kawasaki engine in, does that make my tractor a 7121 instead of a 7117? Survey being taken. LOL

mroman59
Transplant Info - I went to smallenginewarehouse.com and their website allows you to look up your tractor and see what engine they have available for replacement. They provide you with any adapters needed to mount engine to the tractor, mount it to the drive shaft (if horizontal drive engine) and wire harness for easy connection. They provide you with throttle and choke cables if required for different lengths as mine did. They make the job much simple.